I have become completely obsessed with making my own toasted muesli. Delicious it’s for breakfast. Or a great snack sprinkled on Greek yoghurt with some fruit.
- 3 cups grains (I use rolled oats but you could use puffed rice, puffed corn, puffed quinoa or a combination)
- 1/2 cup each of any flavours (nuts, seeds, coconut, dried fruit)
- 1 teaspoon spices (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg) – optional
- 1.5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or honey)
Some of our fav combos are:
- Macadamia, cranberry, chia seeds and coconut
- Hazelnut, chia, coconut and cacao nibs
- Almonds, coconut and dried apricot
- Preheat oven to 160°Celcius
- In a large bowl place oats (or other grains you are using)
- Mix in the flavours you are using
- Add spice (if using)
- Give it all a big mix
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil and syrup
- Give it all a good mix
- Place on baking tray and cook for 30 mins at 160 deg C. Stir every 10 mins.
- Enjoy for breakfast with milk or yoghurt. Also makes great snack sprinkled on fruit and yoghurt
The dried fruit goes quite hard so add it in after cooking if you prefer. Also this is not super sweet. Add a little more sweetener if you prefer.